Bureau Veritas are the UK’s go-to noise consultant, dealing with all environmental noise and vibration assessments. Our highly experienced teams will work with your to ensure compliance to satisfy planning and license permit applications.
ENVIRONMENTAL NOISE & VIBRATION ASSESSMENTS
When planning a new industrial development, you must consider whether it has the potential to produce noise and/or vibration. Could the noise and vibration affect existing residential or other noise-sensitive areas? If so, you may be required to undertake a noise assessment as part of planning or licence permit applications.
In addition to the environmental noise assessment, operators are often required to also satisfy Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) regulations. These relate to how the environmental impacts of the site are managed.
It is important to assess the possible effects of existing noise and/or vibration pollution at an early stage. This will allow for sustainable controls to be incorporated into your design from the beginning, ensuring the project runs smoothly and legitimately from the offset.
Here at Bureau Veritas, we have a team of specialised acoustic and vibration experts offering a wide range of services. Our aim as your noise consultant is to support operators with environmental noise and vibration management, as well as permit applications.
Our noise consultancy service includes:
- Noise and vibration assessment to accompany a planning or licence permit application for new/modified industrial sites
- Prediction of noise propagation and impacts using complex 3D modelling software packages
- Provision of engineering design advice to ensure that the noise and vibration emissions from a proposed new or modified/existing plant complies with appropriate limits
- Full technical support following the EIA process from masterplan development, through the detailed impact assessment and support at Public Inquiries or Hearings as an Expert Witness
- Policy advice and support to government and other regulatory bodies, including detailed review of robustness of noise and vibration assessments presented with planning applications
- Liaison and negotiation with regulatory authorities regarding noise limits and planning or environmental licence permit conditions
- Ambient noise and vibration monitoring to BS, EN and ISO standards
- Development of noise management plans and environmental noise management systems
- Prediction and monitoring of construction noise and vibration
- Prediction and measurement of road, rail and aircraft noise
- Acoustic design advice and specification, including façade and room-space analysis
- Construction Management Plans, and COPA Section 61 Agreements
Other related services offered include prediction, assessment and monitoring of construction noise/vibration, occupational noise and vibration risk assessments.
BENEFITS Of Using bv as your environmental noise consultants
By choosing Bureau Veritas to support with your noise assessments and planning compliance you can ensure you:
- Meet the requirements of national and local planning policy and Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) regulations
- Understand the effects of noise and/or vibration to optimise design
- Receive a specialist team of experts working as part of a wider global team
- Are assigned dedicated and experienced consultants that are all members of the Institute of Acoustics (IoA)