Environmental Management System
IMPLEMENTING AN ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EMS) IS CRUCIAL FOR ANY BUSINESS OR ORGANISATION LOOKING TO REDUCE ITS IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT.
An EMS helps to establish guidelines and procedures for reducing pollution and waste, conserving resources and promoting sustainability. It can also provide a way to track progress and continually improve upon environmental performance. By working with Bureau Veritas, you can demonstrate your environmental compliance with an effective Environmental Management System.
Learn how your EMS supports your Net Zero ambitions
WHY YOU NEED AN ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EMS)
With greater demand from customers and stakeholders for environmentally responsible products and services, an effective management system provides a framework for continuous improvement, helping to identify and control the effects of your organisation on the environment. An Environmental Management System (EMS) can result in numerous benefits:
- Adopting an EMS can reduce your business's environmental footprint.
- An EMS can help a company comply with regulatory requirements and earn recognition and credibility with stakeholders.
- It can improve cost efficiency by identifying potential waste and implementing strategies for conservation.
- It can also strengthen a company's reputation as eco-conscious and compliant with regulatory standards.
- Additionally, an EMS can lead to cost savings and improve overall efficiency in the long term.
The bottom line is clear: all businesses should have an EMS in place as part of their efforts toward a more sustainable future.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOUR EMS
Bureau Veritas offers a range of services to support you.
- Environmental management system development, implementation and support
- Environmental due diligence surveys
- Pollution risk assessments
- Development of environmental legal registers
- Legal compliance auditing
- Environmental impact reviews and assessments
If you require certification services, our experienced team of certification specialists work with clients to help achieve and maintain certification of management systems to international standards. This includes ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management standard, ISO 50001: 2018 Energy Management Systems and Integrated Management System (IMS) services. Find out more about our Certification Services.
Accredited by UKAS, the UK’s national accreditation body, for ISO 14001, we support clients with management system development, internal auditing and troubleshooting of your environmental management system.
BENEFITS OF USING Bureau Veritas FOR YOUR EMS
Thousands of UK businesses choose to team up with Bureau Veritas for their EMS needs. By working with us, you can have peace of mind that we will:
- Actively manage your environmental performance and impacts
- Meet the requirements of global regulators
- Make your organisation attractive for and visible to investors and financial stakeholders
- Support you with an experienced team of qualified sustainability experts
- Give you access to a complete range of sustainability services from Bureau Veritas
ON DEMAND WEBINAR - How your Environmental Management System supports your Net Zero journey
How an Environmental Management System supports your Net Zero journey. Our Sustainability Consultants provide key insights on how linking your EMS to your Net Zero strategy can help you to reach your goal.