FOUNDATION FOOD SAFETY SYSTEM CERTIFICATION – FSSC 22000
For the heavily regulated food industry, where food safety is paramount, it is important for any organisation to demonstrate and showcase their commitment to safety.
Many will achieve certification to ISO 22000, which provides assurance in the quality of the company’s Food Safety Management System (FSMS). Some of those will continue to meet the requirements of Foundation Food Safety System Certification 22000 (FSSC 22000) too, giving further reassurance of their safety systems to customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
FSSC 22000 is based on ISO 22000 and is recognised by GFSI (Global Food Safety Institute), which demonstrates that the scheme meets the highest standards globally. It orovides a framework for the auditing and certification of FSMS or FSMS and Quality Management Systems (FSSC 22000 - Quality). As a certified body, Bureau Veritas certifies organisations who have achieved the standard.
WHAT IS FSSC 22000?
FSSC 22000 builds on the requirements of ISO 22000, together with sector-specific Pre-Requisite Programmes (PRPs) and defined additional requirements. It is seen as the next step for those organisations certified to ISO 22000 that want to show further commitment and achieve a GFSI-recognised standard.
It certifies the food, feed and packaging safety systems of companies in the food chain that process or manufacture food and ingredients, including additives, vitamins and bio-cultures.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FSSC 22000?
- Demonstrate your commitment to food safety and continuous improvement of your FSMS
- Effectively control internal processes and minimise food risks
- Can be integrated with other ISO standards through integrated audits to drive efficiencies
- Increase customer confidence through external certification to the highest global standards – recognised by GFSI and accepted by the world’s biggest food brands
- Complete certification programme in one package – suitable for any sized organisation
UPGRADE YOUR ISO 22000 CERTIFICATION
If you are already certified to ISO 22000, Bureau Veritas can support your transition to FSSC 22000 and GFSI recognition. This transition can be made by implementing the additional requirements set by the FSSC and the PRP standard relevant to your industry. Our team will guide you through the process, which can be done at any audit in your three-year cycle and will result in a new FSSC certificate.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS FOR FSSC 22000 CERTIFICATION?
As food industry experts, Bureau Veritas has the global certification expertise and industry experience needed to help achieve your goals.
- Put your trust in a global leader with more than 40 national and international accreditations from relevant bodies worldwide
- Our global expertise ensures more than 7,400 skilled auditors across the world
- Specialists in the food industry – able to support with all food certification requirements and integrated management system audits
- A full range of certification and audit services covering quality, health, safety, sustainability, environmental and other food-specific standards