ISO 22000 FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
MEET YOUR FOOD SAFETY OBLIGATIONS WITH ISO 22000 CERTIFICATION
Safety is critical in the food industry, with consumer, industry and regulatory safety standards required throughout all stages of the value chain. Organisations need a rigorous approach to food safety management in order to meet standards and demonstrate confidence to stakeholders.
The international standard ISO 22000 is intended to help organisations develop and implement effective food safety management systems, and it is widely recognised as a key tool for improving the safety and quality of food products.
Our ISO 22000 certification and auditing services support clients to achieve and maintain compliance, giving complete confidence in food safety management. Certification can secure access to markets and showcase an organisation’s commitment to food safety.
WHAT IS ISO 22000?
ISO 22000 is the international standard for food safety management systems and is based on the principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system, which focuses on identifying and controlling potential food safety hazards.
It outlines the requirements for organisations that are involved in any aspect of the food chain to ensure that the food they produce is safe for consumption. This includes businesses in food production, transport, storage, distribution, and retail.
THE BENEFITS OF ISO 22000 CERTIFICATION
Any food safety issue can be costly, both in financial terms and to business reputation. ISO 22000 enables you to identify and control safety hazards – going beyond regulatory requirements to provide complete confidence for customers and others in the value chain.
- Identify and mitigate food safety hazards through risk-based thinking
- Reduce downtime, prevent recalls and cut potential costs attributed to food safety issues
- Enhance confidence from stakeholders including consumers, by showcasing the safety of your products, processes and services to international standards
- Adaptable to your organisation’s specific needs
AN ALL-ENCOMPASSSING APPROACH
ISO 22000 combines a number of national food safety standards into one simple, internationally-recognised set of responsibilities and requirements. It integrates elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and other leading preventive procedures to enable a more holistic approach.
FSSC 22000, a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification required by many of the world’s major retailers and manufacturers, is also based on ISO 22000.
BUREAU VERITAS - EXPERTS IN ISO 22000 FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Our team combines certification expertise with vast experience of the food industry to help support organisations in achieving and maintaining the globally recognised ISO 22000 standard.
- More than 40 national and international accreditations from relevant bodies worldwide. We are experts in certification
- Global expertise, local support – with more than 150,000 active ISO certificates and 7,400+ skilled auditors across the world
- Complete peace of mind from an impartial, independent third-party
- A full range of certification and audit services covering quality, health, safety, sustainability, environmental and other food-specific standards
- Proven partnership approach to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Flexible training courses to help implement and maintain ISO 27701 PIMS certification