It is vital for businesses to ensure that electrical installations are completed to the required frequency according to the latest regulations and accompanying guidelines. By putting your trust in Bureau Veritas, you can have complete confidence that your electricals have been inspected and tested ensuring they are safe and compliant.
Electrical Inspection and Testing Services
Many companies struggle to meet their obligations using in-house personnel due to lack of time, resources and knowledge of this specialised field. We can also support you even if site access is restricted or not permitted, for example due to coronavirus restrictions. By working closely with clients to undertake remote surveys, our team can develop a scope of works without any delays and reach the initial inspection stages quicker.
Our Electrical Inspection Services
Why Electrical Inspection and Testing is Crucial in the Workplace
Electrical inspection and testing play a crucial role in ensuring a safe and reliable working environment. In any workplace, electrical systems and equipment are essential for daily operations, but they can also pose significant risks if not properly maintained. Conducting regular inspections and testing is vital to identify potential electrical hazards, detect faults, and prevent accidents. By adhering to industry standards and regulations, organisations can mitigate the risk of electrical failures, fires, and electrocution.
Electrical inspections help identify outdated or faulty wiring, inadequate grounding, and overloading issues, among other potential hazards. Thorough testing of electrical equipment, such as circuit breakers, transformers, and cables, ensures their proper functioning and identifies any abnormalities or signs of wear and tear.
Implementing a comprehensive electrical inspection and testing program promotes a culture of safety, reduces downtime due to equipment failure, and safeguards the well-being of employees, clients, and visitors. Moreover, it helps organisations comply with legal requirements and insurance regulations, avoiding penalties and liabilities.
Prioritising electrical inspection and testing in the workplace is a proactive measure that ultimately enhances productivity, protects assets, and fosters a secure working environment for all.
BENEFITS OF USING BUREAU VERITAS FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL TESTING
- Achieve and maintain compliance with all relevant regulations, including IET wiring regulations (BS7671)
- Help ensure the safety of your premises for staff and visitors
- Enable better planning of maintenance and repair programmes to spread costs
- Drive cost savings through early identification of ‘hotspots’ and potential breakdowns
- Reduce insurance premiums through electrical safety auditing
- Gain complete peace of mind from a trusted, independent inspection partner with no financial association to contractors
- One supplier to drive efficiency of inspections
- Innovative approach to inspections with online tools to add value including Swift, giving 24/7 access to inspection reports
- Expert team of qualified inspection engineers operating nationwide, supported by a central planning team
Bureau Veritas is a global leader in testing, inspection and certification (TIC) and has more than 190+ years of experience meaning that we also can assist you in other areas of your business if needed.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY REGULATIONS
The Electricity at Work Regulations (EAWR) 1989 (1991 in Northern Ireland) are made under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. In the UK these regulations require that employers as ‘duty holders’ must provide a safe working environment with regard to all electrical equipment and systems, regardless of when they were manufactured, installed or brought into use.
Employers, the self-employed and employees all have duties and obligations in complying with the requirements of the regulations, which apply to all places of work, with no exemptions. All electrical systems must be maintained in a safe condition and an important aspect of such maintenance is periodic inspection and testing.
PERIODIC ELECTRICAL INSPECTION AND TESTING
It depends if it is a newly built installation or an old one, but a periodic electrical inspection needs to be carried out from time to time. This periodic electrical inspection should be carried out by a visual inspection that consists of a full inspection and testing procedure and is followed by the completion of the Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
These certificates are documents which must be kept by both the "person ordering the work" (i.e. the owner) and the "competent person"(qualified electrician) completing the inspection and testing procedure.
ELECTRICAL COMPLIANCE IN REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
For the Republic of Ireland, duty holders must achieve compliance with the Guide to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 - Part 3 Electricity (Regulation 74 to 93).
Electrical installations must be compliant with 5th Edition National Rules for Electrical Installations, IS 10101:2020.
With a global team of electrical experts, Bureau Veritas can help your organisation to achieve and maintain compliance wherever you operate.
A COMPREHENSIVE RANGE OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT INSPECTION SERVICES
- Fixed electrical wiring inspection and testing
- Portable electrical appliance testing
- Risk assessments of fixed electrical installations
- Drawings, tracing, labelling and schedules of electrical installations
- Thermographic surveys
- Electrical safety auditing
- Emergency lighting inspection and test to BS 5266 standard
- Electrical load analysis
- Public entertainment licensing testing
- Lightning protection systems inspection and testing
- ATEX / DSEAR inspections for explosive atmosphere electrical installations
- Electrical safety assessments for plant and machinery
Helping you achieve compliance with the IET wiring regulations (BS7671)
MAIA & SWIFT - AN EASY WAY TO MANAGE AND CONTROL YOUR GLOBAL ELECTRICAL INSPECTION PROCESS ONLINE
As part of our enhanced service – and free for mechanical inspection clients – we offer access to live, accurate and reliable data for all inspection reports using SWIFT, our online reporting system.
Developed in-house by our own team of experts, SWIFT is a web-based portal which gives our safe, secure, 24/7 access to your inspection records, visit reports and equipment lists.