ENVIRONMENTAL LEGAL COMPLIANCE
Bureau Veritas supports businesses like yours to identify and meet your legal sustainability requirements worldwide.
Environmental sustainability legislation
As a business, it is important to stay up to date with the UK's environmental laws and regulations. Not only can non-compliance lead to litigation and/or financial penalties, but it can also have damaging effects on both the environment and your reputation. By staying compliant with environmental legislation, businesses can demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and protect the planet for future generations. In addition, complying with legal requirements helps businesses maintain their license to operate, ensuring long-term success.
However, it can often be a challenge for global organisations to manage and meet statutory requirements within each local country. Legislation will inevitably differ from country to country, but the requirement to meet regulations whilst remaining competitive remains constant.
HOW bv can SUPPORT with environmental legal compliance
We work closely with clients to offer a full range of legal compliance services including:
- development of legal registers
- horizon scanning to prepare for major economic or regulatory changes such as Brexit
- legal compliance auditing.
A legal register offers a comprehensive summary of all relevant obligations for an organisation when operating across different countries, including national and international legislation, codes, guides, and standards.
BENEFITS of working with bv on your legal compliance
By choosing to work with Bureau Veritas, you’ll:
- Better understand your legal requirements across countries
- Complete gaps within knowledge of local regulation and reduce reliance on fragmented knowledge sources
- Help ensure risk is adequately mitigated in each of these countries
- Provide confidence to manage international property portfolios by providing the knowledge of the legal requirements
- Gain support from an experienced team of qualified sustainability experts, with global presence and local understanding
- Access a complete range of sustainability services from Bureau Veritas, a global leader in testing, inspection and certification