As digitalisation continues to power and innovate the automotive industry, it is vital that information is secure. TISAX® (Trusted Information Security Assessment Exchange) provides a framework for information security excellence in automotive sectors, from initial design and testing through to production.
Building on the ISO 27001 standard for Information Security Management Systems, TISAX® supports the safe assessment and exchange of information throughout the automotive lifecycle. It is based on the VDA Information Security Assessment (VDA ISA) from the German Association of the Automotive Industry. With a dedicated team of certification experts, Bureau Veritas is one of few certification bodies authorised and recognised to certify organisations to TISAX®.
WHAT DOES TISAX® STAND FOR?
TISAX® stands for Trusted Information Security Assessment Exchange. It sets the standard for information security in the automotive industry, helping organisations to assess the security of their information systems and ensure that they meet global standards.
This is critical in automotive because of the amount of data which is created and exchanged throughout the product lifecycle, across:
- Design and testing
- Homologation (approvals)
TISAX® covers security data related to the project development phases for parts and systems, as well as the manufacturing process and automated, networked production data.
WHAT IS A TISAX® ASSESSMENT?
TISAX® usually starts with a self-assessmentwhich is audited by an external third part such as Bureau Veritas. This added-value assessment shows that your business has the required information security processes and maturity to handle and exchange data, giving confidence to stakeholders and suppliers.
It usually involves a checklist, tailored to your organisation, which covers all the types of data you might handle.
THE BENEFITS OF TISAX® CERTIFICATION
TISAX® certification by Bureau Veritas supports organisations to evaluate the way they protect the automotive data they handle and demonstrate their commitment to digital responsibility.
- Mitigate the risk of information security breaches and cyber attacks
- Earn customer trust by demonstrating your commitment to data protection
- Identify and address risk through value-added assessments
- Demonstrate best practice with certification to global standards for your industry
- Share your assessment results easily using the TISAX® online platform
- Access automotive markets - TISAX® is required by all major German automotive companies
BUREAU VERITAS – AUTHORISED TO CERTIFY ORGANISATIONS TO TISAX®
Regular TISAX® assessments audited by Bureau Veritas help you to identify risk areas and identify any areas for improvements.
The information provided by our expert team enables you to take immediate action to mitigate information security risk. Potential improvements are also identified, thereby enabling you to take immediate action to mitigate information security risk.
We offer a global network of TISAX® auditors with the industry experience and data protection expertise needed to help achieve commercial goals.
- Certification specialists, with more than 40 national and international accreditations from relevant bodies worldwide
- A global leader with more than 150,000 active ISO certificates and 7,400+ skilled auditors across the world
- Full range of information security services and training, including certification to ISO 27001 Information Security Management System