ISO 22716 GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES FOR COSMETICS
It is vital that manufacturers of cosmetics products take steps to maintain the quality and integrity of their products through an effective Quality Management System. This helps to guarantee the environmental credentials of cosmetics, as well as their safety for consumers.
The international standard ISO 22716 provides the guidance needed, giving manufacturers a framework that will ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
As experts in quality certification across a wide range of industries, Bureau Veritas can undertake independent audits and certify organisations to ISO 22716.
WHAT IS ISO 22716?
The international standard ISO 22716 provides manufacturers with guidance on the documentation and regulation of the production, control, storage, and shipment of cosmetic products.
ISO 22716 certification demonstrates that cosmetics products have been manufactured in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), which is a requirement of the European Union’s Regulation (EC) 1223/2000 and other regulations covering USA, Japan and ASEAN.
In doing so, it supports manufacturers to maintain quality, demonstrate sustainability, prove safety and demonstrate alignment with emerging consumer trends such as organic products.
THE BENEFITS OF GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES
Independent audits of your manufacturing processes by a Certified Body such as Bureau Veritas and subsequent certification to ISO 22716 will deliver a range of benefits:
- Improve Quality Management Systems to mitigate risk throughout your supply chain
- Meet evolving consumer demand for safe, sustainable and organic products
- Provide confidence for stakeholders including retailers and consumers
Access new markets through compliance with international guidelines
ALIGN WITH THE UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Certification to ISO 22716 also contributes to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which globally acknowledged and essential to achieve a sustainable development.
Specifically, the standard contributes to SDG 3 (Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages) and SDG 8 (Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all).
BUREAU VERITAS – GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES
Bureau Veritas offers an expert certification team with the industry experience required to support you in achieving and maintaining the globally recognised standard.
- A global leader with more than 150,000 active ISO certificates and 7,400+ skilled auditors across the world
- Complete peace of mind from an impartial, independent third-party
- Access to a full range of certification and audit services covering quality, health, safety, sustainability, environmental and more
- Unique partnership approach to drive efficiency and improve the effectiveness of our service
- Flexible training courses