LEV TESTING & INSPECTION
Regular inspection of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) systems is required to meet statutory regulations and ensure the effectiveness of equipment.
LEV TESTING TO ACHIEVE COMPLIANCE
Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) is required in many industries to carry away airborne contaminants before they can be breathed in. These contaminants can include dust (including flour dust in bakeries), mist (for example paint mist from spraying), fume (e.g. welding), gas or vapour. Every year, thousands of people in Great Britain die of lung disease or get asthma because of airborne contaminants they have breathed in at work.
For LEV to work effectively, it must be the right type, properly installed, used and maintained. This includes regular testing, with a maximum time of 14 months set down in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, COSHH.
However, if wear and tear on the LEV system is liable to mean that the system effectiveness will degrade between tests, then thorough examinations and tests should be more frequent.
BENEFITS OF LEV INSPECTION
- Achieve and maintain compliance with COSHH
- Regular inspections ensure effectiveness of LEV equipment and can determine if a more frequent check is required as well as ensure compliance with statutory duties
- Gain complete peace of mind from a trusted, UKAS 17020 accredited Type A independent inspection partner with no financial association to contractors
- One supplier to drive efficiency of inspections
- Innovative approach to inspections with online tools to add value including Swift, giving 24/7 access to inspection reports
- Expert team of qualified Engineering Surveyors operating nationwide, supported by a central planning team
ACHIEVE LOCAL EXHAUST VENTILATION COMPLIANCE WITH BUREAU VERITAS
With an expert team of Engineering Surveyors operating nationwide, Bureau Veritas can deliver complete peace of mind over the safety and performance of your LEV system(s). You can be reassured of our independence and impartiality with these inspection through our UKAS 17020 accreditation.
WHY LEV TESTING IS CRUTIAL
LEV systems are designed to control and reduce exposure to airborne contaminants, dust, fumes, and hazardous substances that may be generated during various processes. LEV inspections and testing is crucial for:
- Employee health and safety
- Regulatory compliance
- Preventing occupational diseases
- Performance verification
- Optimising ventilation design
- Confidence for management and employees
MAIA & SWIFT - AN EASY WAY TO MANAGE AND CONTROL YOUR GLOBAL INSPECTION PROCESS ONLINE
As part of our enhanced service – and free for mechanical inspection clients – we offer access to live, accurate and reliable data for all inspection reports using SWIFT, our online reporting system.
Developed in-house by our own team of experts, SWIFT is a web-based portal which gives our safe, secure, 24/7 access to your inspection records, visit reports and equipment lists.