At Bureau Veritas, we offer comprehensive GDPR certification services to help organisations ensure that they comply with the GDPR and protect the personal data they collect and process.
In the era of big data, privacy is not just an issue of security but also of trust. To inspire trust in your data management, it is essential not only to implement appropriate management procedures, but also to achieve certification.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (in force as of May 25, 2018) tightens controls on companies dealing with EU citizens’ personal data wherever they are located and imposes hefty fines for non-compliance.
As you increase the range of activities and operations that are digitised, you need to demonstrate to your clients, staff and other stakeholders that you respect their right to privacy and take data security seriously.
HOW BV CAN SUPPORT WITH YOUR GDPR CERTIFICATION
In response to this, we have developed a technical standard and a voluntary certification programme for businesses, which is based on best practice and the content of the regulation.
Certification of your data protection procedures is a tool that enables your organisation to achieve and proactively demonstrate compliance with regulations and, in the case of GDPR, can protect you from potential fines of up to 20 million euros. Moreover, should breaches occur, certification demonstrates due diligence and can help to mitigate potential penalties.
BENEFITS OF GDPR CERTIFICATION
For “data controllers” and “data processors”:
- Ensure compliance with increasingly stringent regulations
- Demonstrate corporate digital responsibility and achieve certification
- Improve brand reputation and ethics
- Limit the risk of potentially costly security breaches
- Safeguard the privacy of customers and other stakeholders
- Protect valuable data assets that are crucial to your business.
- Support from a global leader in testing, inspection and certification
- Dedicated team of certification specialists with experience of data protection regulations and processes