ISO 19443 QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN THE NUCLEAR SECTOR
In the heavily regulated and safety-critical nuclear sector, safety and quality are key throughout the entire value chain. Being able to demonstrate your commitment to quality is therefore vital in an increasingly competitive market, particularly as interest in zero/low carbon energy sources remains strong as the UK continues its shift towards net zero.
Certification to ISO 19443 gives you the platform to demonstrate your ability to provide products and services that consistently meet customer demands and regulatory requirements. Bureau Veritas is UKAS-accredited to support you on your certification journey.
What is ISO 19443?
ISO 19443 is the global standard for Quality Management Systems in the nuclear sector. Applicable for any organisation providing products and services that are important to nuclear safety (ITNS), it sets a framework and defines the specific requirements of a Quality Management System in the nuclear sector.
It is designed to improve safety and quality throughout the nuclear supply chain, building on the ISO 9001 standard with enhanced principles specific to the nuclear energy sector.
What are the benefits of ISO 19443 certification?
ISO 19443 provides a platform for growth and a set of common requirements to help your company maintain and demonstrate quality to stakeholders. It can be easily integrated with other global standards with the support of Bureau Veritas Certification experts.
- Drive competitive advantage in the nuclear sector
- Ensure your products and services effectively meet customer demands, as well as applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Measure progress towards continual improvement of business performance
- Manage your organisation’s quality process more effectively
- Improve stakeholder and risk management
- Ensure your Quality Management System is closely aligned with core business processes
What is the difference between ISO 9001 and ISO 19443?
The difference between ISO 9001 and ISO 19443 is that ISO 9001 sets a framework for a Quality Management System across a wide range of industries but the latter relates specifically for the nuclear sector.
ISO 19443 builds upon the same principles set out in ISO 9001 but is only relevant for organisations within the nuclear energy sector, supplying products and services important to nuclear safety (ITNS).
Why choose Bureau Veritas for ISO 19443 certification?
Bureau Veritas is one of the first organisations in the UK to achieve UKAS accreditation through a pilot accreditation programme. As a result, we are working with organisations to help meet the requirements of the standard, identify any gaps in their management system and audit the business to the required standard. We also offer training resources to help improve knowledge across key areas of your business.
- A global leader with more than 150,000 active ISO certificates and 7,400+ skilled auditors worldwide
- Extensive knowledge of the nuclear sector, with a significant global client base in nuclear
- Strong understanding of local regulations, markets and language to help meet your individual needs
- Recognised by more than 40 national and international accreditation bodies across the world
- Complete peace of mind from an impartial, independent third-party