IATF 16949 CERTIFICATION
In the rapidly-evolving automotive industry, certification to IATF 16949 demonstrates that your organisation is committed to quality and continuous improvement. Bureau Veritas is well placed to certify organisations to IATF 16949, helping to demonstrate confidence and ensure quality through the value chain.
The automotive industry is changing like never before, with technological innovation, the shift to electric vehicles, increased competition and the globalization of supply chains all impacting organisations.
IATF 16949 is the leading international standard for automotive Quality Management Systems, designed to help automotive suppliers, service providers and parts manufacturers to maintain quality in a changing market.
WHAT IS IATF 16949?
IATF 16949 is the global standard for Quality Management Systems in the automotive industry, developed by The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) members. The IATF is a global group of major automotive manufacturers and national trade associations, with the objective of improving the quality of products and solutions for automotive customers worldwide.
It is based on the principles of the global Quality Management System standard ISO 9001, with enhanced specific requirements for the automotive sector.
Certification to IATF 16949 is proof of an effective Quality Management System that meets customer demands and regulatory requirements. The standard applies to any organisation that manufactures components and parts for the automotive industry.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IATF 16949?
- Identify and manage potential risk across your organisation
- Improve access to automotive markets
- Optimise efficiency and reduce supply chain waste to enable cost savings
- Enhance performance through continuous improvement
- Improve customer satisfaction and demonstrate confidence to stakeholders
- Gain independent certification to a global QMS standard and help safeguard reputation
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS FOR IAFT 16949 CERTIFICATION?
Bureau Veritas is the number one certification body worldwide for IATF certification and has issued more than 4,000 IATF certificates.
- Global expertise with local support – automotive leaders with more than 300 IATF auditors across 60 countries
- More than 40 national and international accreditations from relevant bodies
- A complete range of certification and audit services covering quality, health, safety, sustainability, environmental and industry-specific standards
- Flexible training solutions