Bureau Veritas delivers flexibility and assurance with end-to-end solutions for compliance, safety and verification of onshore wind assets. With a dedicated team of onshore wind specialists, Bureau Veritas helps to ensure the safety, quality and performance of renewable energy assets through all stages of design, construction and operation.
ONSHORE WIND UK
Worldwide, we need to increase the availability of renewable energy sources to help deliver a lower carbon future, but this relies on safe and sustainable assets in key sectors like onshore wind.
Wind is a key growth sector in the renewable energy market. With the UK having less than 10GW installed at the end of 2019, it is planned that there will be up to 30GW of installed capacity by 2030.
By enlisting the support of an independent partner, such as Bureau Veritas, you can verify conformity, achieve compliance and optimise costs more effectively throughout all stages of onshore wind projects.
HOW BV SUPPORTS ONSHORE WIND COMPLIANCE
We have a team of dedicated onshore wind professionals with vast experience and an unrivalled understanding of regulatory requirements. Together we will ensure your wind farm is certified, compliant and set up to return the lowest possible carbon emissions.
Our onshore wind solutions cover:
DESIGN AND PERMITTING:
Our team of experts aim to reduce development risk through early collaboration. Together we will cover all challenges to ensure a smooth and faultless operation. This includes looking at:
- wind measurement and site assessments
- environmental impact assessments
- support with permitting
- risk assessments
- due diligence and investor/lender services
- Cybersecurity risk assessment
To operate your onshore wind farm efficiently you’ll need to access to a global, reliable supply chain. The knowledgeable team here at Bureau Veritas will support you with:
- supply chain technical assessments
- technical procurement support
- shop inspections QA/QC
- factory acceptance tests
- supervision with transport, loading and unloading
The safety and reliability of your onshore wind farm is vital to its success. With BV, you can ensure to run projects safely and to schedule. We do this by support you with:
- project and construction management
- on site QA/QC
- on site HSE
- turbine foundation supervision
- supervision with commissioning and test runs
- take over and end-of-warranty inspections
Alongside asset operation sits asset management intended to extend operating life and increase performance. Onshore wind asset management includes:
- condition monitoring and assessment
- asset integrity management
- reliability engineering and performance optimisation
- remaining life assessment and lifetime extension
Why Choose BV for your onshore wind project?
- Flexibility with consultancy
- Assurance through certification
- Verify conformity of your assets
- Deliver projects on time and on budget
- Assess and mitigate risks to maximise safety and availability
- Achieve compliance with all relevant regulations and satisfy insurance policies
- Optimise maintenance costs
- Experienced team working on global wind projects.