HACCP FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT
MEET YOUR FOOD HYGIENE AND FOOD SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Any organisation operating in the food industry is required by law to comply with established food hygiene regulations in accordance with HACCP guidelines. The HACCP risk management tool sets out the critical points that impact food and beverage safety. The system results in a detailed HACCP plan that describes all possible risks and risk management measures. Bureau Veritas provides training and certification of HACCP systems to help meet your obligations and demonstrate confidence to stakeholders.
WHAT IS HACCP?
HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point System. It is a food safety risk management tool designed to support organisations to manage food safety risks by identifying and evaluating potential hazards and putting in place controls to manage them throughout the supply chain and production processes.
The goal of HACCP is to ensure that food products are safe for consumption and meet relevant safety standards.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HACCP?
- Achieve compliance and manage food safety risks
- Provide confidence to customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Internationally-recognised food safety hazard controls
- Can be aligned with ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 to enhance food safety management systems
- Drive continuous improvement in food safety
INTEGRATED FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Obtaining an HACCP certificate is a legal obligation in the UK, in order to guarantee food safety for consumers. It can also be integrated with other food hygiene and food safety management systems including ISO 22000 and FSC 22000, both which have a wider scope.
These standards share common requirements for controlling food safety risks, which enables easier and more efficient integration.
BUREAU VERITAS FOR HACCP CERTIFICATION
Bureau Veritas offers a specialist team of certification experts with vast experience in the food industry. We can certify your management system and provide training to ensure your teams have the tools to maintain food safety and hygiene standards.
- Experts in certification, with more than 40 national and international accreditations from relevant bodies worldwide
- Global expertise, local support, with more than 7,400 skilled auditors across the world
- Specialists in the food industry – able to support with all food certification requirements