EN 9100 CERTIFICATION
With complex, global supply chains, the aerospace industry requires strict quality standards to help organisations showcase their quality. Independent certification to the EN 9100 series provides the solution.
Usually seen as a minimum requirement to enter the aerospace market, the series gives a framework to demonstrate the maturity of your Aerospace Quality Management system in order to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
Bureau Veritas is the leading certification body for the EN 9100 series, working with organisations to certify their management system and provide flexible training solutions.
WHAT IS EN 9100?
EN 9100 Quality Management System (QMS) is the internationally-recognised standard for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing within the aerospace industry – applicable to those that design, develop or produce new aerospace materials and parts.
EN 9110 QMS is for organisations responsible for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aerospace/defence parts, while EN 9120 QMS is for stockists and resellers - setting a framework for quality assurance in stockholding and distribution of aerospace/defence parts.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EN 9100 AND ISO 9001?
All three standards in the EN 9100 series are based on ISO 9001 Quality Management, applying the same principles and clauses. The EN 9100 series is applicable to Europe and there is also an AS 9100 series for North America, with identical requirements.
The AS/EN 9100 series offers an aerospace-specific approach to quality management. It places additional demands on key aspects relating to aerospace and defence, such as (but not limited to) risk management, configuration management and counterfeit parts management.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EN 9100?
- Identify and mitigate risk across your supply chain
- Increase aerospace market opportunities
- Optimise efficiency and performance through continuous improvement
- Improve customer satisfaction and demonstrate confidence to stakeholders
- Safeguard your company’s reputation through independent certification to a global QMS standard
A RISK-BASED THINKING APPROACH
EN 9100 addresses risks at both the organisational and operational levels, improving flexibility across the organisation. This approach helps to better prepare and anticipate risks across the entire value chain. An effective Quality Management System specific to aerospace also helps to ensure on-time delivery and meet other evolving client needs.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS FOR EN 9100 CERTIFICATION?
Bureau Veritas combines certification expertise with vast experience of the aerospace and defence sectors. With a global network of auditors, we certify companies to AS/EN 9100.
- Aerospace leaders with global expertise and local support - more than 1,700 aerospace certificates issued across 30 countries
- More than 40 national and international accreditations from relevant bodies worldwide
- A full range of certification and audit services covering quality, health, safety, sustainability, environmental and industry-specific standards
- Full range of flexible training solutions for aerospace