BRC GLOBAL STANDARDS CERTIFICATION – BRCGS FOOD SAFETY
ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF GLOBAL FOOD HYGIENE
Food manufacturers have a range of food hygiene regulations that they must meet in order to meet legislative requirements, demonstrate confidence and in some cases, access specific markets. The potential for reputational damage in the case of a food safety breach is huge, which is why manufacturers are increasingly looking to achieve industry best practice standards.
The British Retail Consortium Global Standards (BRCGS) Food Safety standard provides a framework for food manufacturers to achieve the highest levels of safety, covering a wide range of areas including HACCP, traceability and quality management systems.
Recognised worldwide, food hygiene certification to this standard helps manufacturers to ensure the safe delivery of food, whilst demonstrating added confidence for customers and other stakeholders.
WHAT IS BRCGS FOOD SAFETY?
The BRC Global Standards (BRCGS) were first established in in 1996 to reduce audit duplication. The BRCGS Food Safety standard, first published in 1998, was the first standard to be recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
Today the series is recognised by and accepted by retailers, foodservice companies and major food manufacturers worldwide as part of their supplier approval process.
With more than 22,000 site certificates issued across 130+ countries, BRCGS says that the Food Safety standard is accepted by 70% of the top ten global retailers, 60% of the top ten quick-service restaurants, and 50% of the top 25 manufacturers.
This food hygiene certification covers key issues impacting the food industry including food safety, packaging and storage/distribution, providing a framework to manage safety, integrity, legality and quality.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BRCGS FOOD HYGIENE CERTIFICATION?
- Demonstrate confidence to customers and other stakeholders in your food safety standards
- Reduce product recalls, complaints and rejected products
- Access new markets and reduce the burden of multiple audits
- Recognised worldwide by retailers, restaurants and manufacturers
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS FOR BRCGS CERTIFICATION?
Our dedicated Certification team works with clients across the food industry to deliver audits in order to help achieve and maintain certification to the BRC Global Standard.
To ensure transparency, BRCGS awards Certification Bodies with a star rating from one to five according to their overall service performance. The rating takes into account the quality of audit reporting, protocol compliance, auditor expertise and technical knowledge, overall audit experience and customer engagement.
Bureau Veritas is five-star rated and was named BRCGS Certification Body of the Year 2022.
- Experts in certification, with more than 40 national and international accreditations from relevant bodies worldwide
- Global expertise, local support, with more than 7,400 skilled auditors across the world
- Specialists in the food industry – able to support with all food certification requirements
- A full range of certification and audit services covering quality, health, safety, sustainability, environmental and other food-specific standards