ESOS Phase 3
Bureau Veritas provides comprehensive guidance on how to comply with ESOS. Our team of experts can help you identify ways to reduce energy consumption and put in place cost-effective measures to improve energy efficiency. We can also provide support during the mandatory reporting period, ensuring that you are able to meet your obligations under the scheme.
ENERGY SAVING OPPORTUNITY SCHEME
Are you aware of your obligations under the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Regulations?
ESOS is a government initiative that aims to reduce energy consumption and improve energy efficiency in businesses. The scheme requires qualifying businesses to assess their energy usage and put in place measures to reduce consumption. Compliance with ESOS is mandatory for large businesses, and failure to comply can result in significant fines.
If your organisation meets the criteria, your deadline for Phase 3 compliance notification to the Scheme Administrator is 5 June 2024. However, it is important to act now because achieving compliance in a cost-effective manner can also drive additional benefits for your business.
UNDERSTANDING THE ESOS REGULATIONS
The ESOS Regulations came into force in July 2014 as part of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive 2012/27/EU, which established a common framework of measures to help meet EU targets for energy efficiency. The ESOS Regulations apply to all large UK organisations outside the public sector which meet the number of employees and annual turnover requirements:
- A minimum of 250 employees
- Annual turnover of more than £44 million
- Annual balance sheet total in excess of £38 million on 31 December 2022
Under the regulations, qualifying organisations in the UK must conduct comprehensive assessments of their energy use and energy efficiency opportunities at least once every four years. The second compliance period ended in 2019 and we are now in ESOS compliance Phase 3. If your organisation qualifies, you must notify your compliance to the Scheme Administrator by 5 June 2024.
ESOS LEAD ASSESSOR
With vast experience and technical expertise in the area of energy assessment and verification, Bureau Veritas is uniquely placed to help organisations achieve compliance with the ESOS regulations and take advantage of energy savings opportunities.
The ESOS qualification criteria are complex, and many organisations will need to take significant steps to comply with all requirements. Our global network of energy experts offers a wealth of knowledge to help your company achieve compliance in a cost-effective manner. In many cases, going beyond compliance can also maximise the business benefits that can be gained from reducing and optimising energy consumption.
With qualified ESOS Lead Assessors available to guide the process, we can support you through every step of your energy efficiency journey, starting with full ESOS guidance.
OUR esos SERVICES
- ESOS Energy Assessment led by a qualified Lead Energy Assessor to help achieve compliance with the ESOS Regulations
- Advice on corporate strategies to manage and reduce energy consumption
- Guidance and support to achieve accurate energy data collection
- Advice on systems and processes used to obtain the required information to ensure this is collected and reported correctly and efficiently
- Support in achieving certification to ISO 50001 (Energy Management)
ESOS APPROVED LEAD ASSESSOR JOHN POOLEY ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS
Why Choose BV As your esos lead assessor
- Obtain independent assessment of your energy consumption identifying trends and patterns from a true global leader
- Ensure your internal systems and processes are efficient and adequate to generate the data required
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your top energy consumption areas and associated environmental impacts to help inform business decisions
- Gain confidence that you are reporting the correct information as per the ESOS Regulations and providing the appropriate supporting evidence to the Scheme Administrator
- Identify and proactively address energy efficiency opportunities to take advantage of potential financial savings and wider business benefits
- Trusted support from our global network of energy compliance specialists
- Access to Bureau Veritas experts covering all aspects of testing, inspection and compliance