CLARITY BY BUREAU VERITAS: ADDING TRANSPARENCY AND CREDIBILITY TO YOUR ESG COMMITMENTS
With a greater focus on sustainability, many organisations are measured on their positive impact on people and the environment, as well as their financial performance and innovation. Increased public scrutiny and enhanced regulatory demands are shining the spotlight on ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) credentials.
With a global network operating in more than 140 countries, Bureau Veritas is well placed to support organisations in assessing and verifying their performance across all territories. We have created Clarity, a unique tool to help decision makers manage the implementation of their sustainability roadmaps.
CLARITY: MONITOR, ASSESS AND RECORD PROGRESS OF SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGIES
With Clarity, Bureau Veritas supports clients to monitor progress across, assess record key activities including health & safety, environment, social responsibility, climate change and biodiversity, business ethics including responsible sourcing, animal welfare, energy efficiency and waste management.
Using the Clarity suite of solutions, which is part of the BV Green Line of services and solutions, our specialist team will undertake audits to assess your ESG maturity level and display observations using a digital dashboard. Our four-step approach includes:
- Field audits or Self-Assessment Questionnaires
Assessments can be made either by auditors working on site, or via online questionnaires, which makes it easier and more cost-effective to review complex global value chains. In both cases, the provided information is independently verified by Bureau Veritas experts. Assets, internal sites and/or suppliers can all be reviewed following the Clarity ESG checklists.
- Systematic scoring
Observations are systematically scored, reflecting the level of maturity against a specific sustainability concern
- MyRadar digital dashboard
All assessments audit reports are stored in a central repository called MyRadar, which allows users to view results and list non-conformities by topic, geography and level of criticality in one click.
- Review your ESG strategy
Using the results and scores displayed in MyRadar, users can identify non-conformities and focus priorities to help improve ongoing performance and set new targets.
A MODULAR APPROACH TO SUSTAINABILITY PERFORMANCE
Using Clarity, our clients can apply a modular approach to focus on different areas of sustainability to monitor supply chain policies and performance. Bureau Veritas ESG checklists include:
- Cross-industry modules, providing common assessment checklists for key activities such as across six standard areas: Social, health & safety, environment & biodiversity, climate change, business ethics and responsible sourcing.
- Specialty modules, incorporating advanced industry-specific checklists which allow users to focus on industry-critical ESG topics such as traceability or animal welfare for the agri-food sector and Net Zero scope 1, 2 & 3 evaluations for Oil & Gas.
CUSTOMISE YOUR SUITE OF SOLUTIONS
The Clarity suite of solutions allows users to prioritise elements of their sustainability strategy with unrivalled customisation possibilities. Use our default modules, created by Bureau Veritas sustainability experts, or choose to swap existing items with bespoke questions to suit your strategy.
If your activities require specific checklists, our team can create a bespoke Clarity module to suit your individual needs and unique sustainability strategy. Our focus is on ensuring your strategy is actionable and trustworthy.
DIGITAL INNOVATION FROM CLARITY
Clarity is made possible through three key Bureau Veritas digital solutions:
- The Onboarding platform, supporting key contacts in the value chain to start their own assessment journey.
- The Maia+ portal, which stores questionnaires and elements of proof in a library to support assessments. This includes pictures, videos, policies, reports and more, making it easier for Bureau Veritas to exchange information with suppliers.
- MyRadar, the digital dashboard which displays sustainability scores and lists non-conformities.