BUILDING CONTROL INSPECTIONS
Bureau Veritas are trusted partners in navigating the intricate world of Building Regulations. As your independent building inspector, we ensure your projects meet the highest standards, enabling you to focus on what you do best - building excellence. We combine technical expertise and market-leading systems with unrivalled industry experience to deliver complete building control services.
DELIVERING BUILDING CONTROL INSPECTIONS
Building Regulations in the UK are complex and with new legislation comes new regulations. Keeping up with the latest requirements can be a difficult and time-consuming task for any construction company. Furthermore, Building Regulation approval is a mandatory process, which must be gained through a third-party.
As a result, construction companies are increasingly turning to an independent, third-party specialist to ensure expert interpretation and a consistent approach to the implementation of Building Regulations.
EXPERTS IN COMPLETE BUILDING CONTROL
Bureau Veritas Building Control UK combines technical expertise and market-leading systems with unrivalled industry experience to deliver building control services to some of the biggest names in construction.
Through effective teamwork, a consistent approach and commitment to excellence, our building control solutions go beyond just compliance. We can help to reduce costs and manage risk throughout the building lifecycle, from design stages through to site inspections and final certification – whilst giving designers confidence that the project will comply with Building Regulations and all relevant legislation.
Technical & Training Director for Building Control
There has been a lot of regulatory change in the construction industry in recent years and our role as Building Control practitioners has never been more important. It is a hugely exciting time to be at the forefront of this sector.
COVERING A WIDE RANGE OF CONTRACTS, OUR COMPLETE BUILDING CONTROL SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Pre-planning and pre-tender consultancy
- Full plan appraisal
- Building control inspections – continuous site inspection
- Full completion certification
BENEFITS OF INDEPENDENT BUILDING INSPECTIONS
- Manage construction risk more effectively
- Achieve value engineering in construction
- Ensure consistency of approach with a single point of contact
- Benefit from proactive advice at pre-tender stage
- Combined building control and fire risk assessment from Bureau Veritas can improve efficiency and reduce the risk of third-party consultants misinterpreting fire strategy design philosophies
- We are not constrained by the timescales laid down for approval at a Local Authority
- Licensed by the Government to advise on Building Regulations and to approve design and construction
- Gain access to in-house seminars from Bureau Veritas, providing clear, concise and independent information for your teams on a range of issues and topics
- Innovative approach using the latest technology and online tools to enhance service
In addition to building control services Bureau Veritas is a a global leader in testing, inspection and certification (TIC) and we have more than 190+ years of experience meaning that we also can assist you in other areas of your business if needed.
Recent changes to planning laws have made it easier for developers to change a wider range of commercial buildings into residential use. To support the industry in understanding and applying these changes, Bureau Veritas very own Andy Lowe Technical and Training Director for Building Control UK and Ric Cope, Technical Director for Acoustics, hosted a webinar to review what this means for clients.