ISO 17100 TRANSLATION SERVICES
ENSURING QUALITY IN THE PROVISION OF TRANSLATION SERVICES
Any organisation providing translation services – whether technical, legal, financial or medical translations – should take steps to demonstrate competence in competitive markets. ISO 17100 provides a framework for quality and best practice standards, giving complete confidence to stakeholders when providing translation services. And Bureau Veritas can guide you through the certification process.
WHAT IS ISO 17100?
ISO 17100 is the global quality standard for translation services. It specifies the requirements for the provision of translation services, including the competences of translators, project management, and quality assurance. ISO 17100 applies to all types of translation services, including technical, legal, financial, and medical translations.
The ISO 17100 standard comprises six clauses, covering four key areas: Resources, pre-production, production and post-production.
WHAT DOES ISO 17100 INCLUDE?
Some of the key requirements of ISO 17100 include:
- Competence of translators and revisers: Translators and revisers are required to have the necessary language and subject-matter expertise to provide high-quality translations. They are also required to have formal qualifications or relevant experience.
- Project management: Translation service providers are required to have a documented process for managing translation projects, including communication with clients, project planning, and quality control.
- Quality assurance: Translation service providers are required to have a documented process for ensuring the quality of translations, including reviewing and revising translations, and verifying the accuracy of the translation.
- Confidentiality: Translation service providers are required to have measures in place to ensure the confidentiality of client information and documents.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ISO 17100 CERTIFICATION?
With ISO 17100 certification, translation service providers can demonstrate their commitment to quality and provide assurance to clients that their translations will meet their needs and expectations. The standard also provides a framework for continuous improvement, allowing translation service providers to identify and address areas for improvement, streamline processes and demonstrate confidence to stakeholders.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS FOR ISO 17100 CERTIFICATION?
As experts in certification services, Bureau Veritas is well placed to help assess your organisation against the requirements of ISO 17100.
- More than 40 national and international accreditation bodies across the world
- Over 150,000 active ISO certificates and 7,400+ skilled auditors worldwide
- Complete peace of mind from an impartial, independent third-party
- Large range of customised certification and audit services covering QHSE and sustainability, including flexible training
- Streamlined service to drive efficiencies across statutory inspections and certification audits