VEMS (Vibration Exposure Management System)
This can be an extremely challenging and complex process, especially for large employers with a significant number of tools and equipment. However, it is vital that organisations get it right - particularly when you consider that Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) has become the most commonly reported disease under RIDDOR.
What is VEMS?
Conventional manual paper systems can be onerous and time-intensive, do not allow easy visibility across the business and can lead to mistakes being made or documents lost.
Bureau Veritas has developed VEMS (Vibration Exposure Management System), a paperless solution which simplifies the process of assessing the exposure to Hand-Arm Vibration in line with the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005.
With VEMS, organisations can manage their regulatory requirements with respect to carrying out a vibration risk assessment across the whole organisation, with automatic calculations for complete peace of mind.
Developed in-house by Bureau Veritas experts, this intuitive system contains vibration magnitudes of measuring tools so managers can quickly and easily calculate vibration exposures of employees simply by inputting tool use times for the day. This allows them to manage the risk of exposure more efficiently and more effectively.
Furthermore, this data is recorded in order to track and trend vibration exposures throughout the year.
- Supports compliance with Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- Runs off Microsoft Excel – intuitive, easy to use, with no further licences required
- Easy to identify employees requiring health surveillance/awareness
- Recording facilities for assessment of ongoing compliance
- Bespoke system designed in-house by experts in the specialist Acoustics and Vibration division of Bureau Veritas
- Proven usability and functionality, enhanced based on feedback from live client trials
- Opportunity to tailor content to your organisation - full training provided
- Access to further support from Bureau Veritas experts, covering all aspects of testing, inspection and compliance
Why choose Bureau Veritas?
As a specialist division of Bureau Veritas UK Ltd, the Acoustics and Vibration team brings together a wealth of experience and expertise to deliver noise and vibration consultancy to a wide range of clients.
Bureau Veritas is a global leader in testing, inspection and certification, combining a partnership approach with unrivalled expertise to deliver a complete solution that adds value, supporting our clients to achieve compliance and improve productivity.