ENGAGING WITH STAKEHOLDERS
Stakeholder engagement plans to drive change and facilitate project buy-in
In some key sectors and for critical, contentious, or large-scale projects, engaging with stakeholders is vital throughout the design, planning and construction phases. Stakeholder engagement starts with stakeholder mapping – identifying the internal and external stakeholders that should be engaged – and follows with a structured yet flexible program of activity to communicate with individuals and groups.
Bureau Veritas has a wealth of experience throughout the stakeholder engagement and consultation process, with the skills and expertise to facilitate workshops, run surveys, coordinate email/postal communication, and manage planning requirements, including Statements of Community Involvement.
A stakeholder engagement plan helps to:
- Establish expectations and priorities
- Facilitate project buy-in
- Upskill stakeholders to drive change in attitudes
- Engage with stakeholders including local communities, investors, employees, and other key stakeholders
- Manage expectations and facilitate buy-in
- Support the planning process for key projects with a stakeholder engagement plan
- Help to protect business reputation and mitigate the risk of objection