Fire Engineering – For construction fire safety
Fire safety design is a critical part of any construction project and like many building consultancy services, it is important to factor it in as early as possible in the project lifecycle. Gaining detailed and considered advice from a trusted consultancy early in the design process can ensure late stage design changes are minimised – and reduce the risk of costly or potentially damaging errors.
Fire safety consultancy services
Using the latest innovative design tools and market-leading processes, Bureau Veritas offers comprehensive consultancy services - design and co-ordination of fire safety strategies, from inception to occupation of the development. Bureau Veritas (formerly Fusion Fire Engineering) has a proven track record of providing bespoke solutions, tailored for each client, meeting – and wherever possible exceeding – clients’ project aspirations.
We pride ourselves in taking the time to understand our clients’ objectives and then using the wealth of experience within our team to help realise these goals. This approach sets Bureau Veritas firmly at the forefront of the industry, maximising the commercial potential of each construction project and providing flexibility to realise clients’ aesthetic desires while maintaining a robust level of safety for all eventual users of each development.
Performance-based, innovative solutions have been developed to give guidance based on Fire Safety Engineering principles for schemes that do not readily fall into the “code compliant” category. For very large or complex buildings, Bureau Veritas provides a methodology for building design based on the application of scientific and engineering principles. These include all of the human factors understood by experienced Fire Safety Engineers that play a significant role in the design of innovative architectural schemes.Bureau Veritas has developed a holistic approach, taking into consideration other building consultancy services and client requirements, including asset protection and business continuity, to deliver an integrated, cost-effective solution that meets all requirements.
Using all of the current international technical guidance and tools available, we are at the forefront of innovation and legislative change. Our team of experienced fire engineering professionals leaves no stone unturned in the pursuit of optimum fire safety design.
We are part of the Bureau Veritas Group, a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services, with 400,000 clients worldwide and a global network of offices in 140 countries.
Our Fire Engineering services include:
- Fire safety strategies compliant with UK Building Regulations and/or based on international codes (e.g. NFPA)
- Fully fire engineered fire safety strategies using the principles of BS 7974 and other associated fire engineering documents
- Fire risk assessments
- Fire safety management plans
- Fire strategy drawings
- Smoke control calculations using basic zone models
- Advanced smoke control calculations using Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) analyses
- Structural fire protection analyses using the Time Equivalency Method
- Thermal radiation analyses to assess the risk of external fire spread.
With Bureau Veritas, you can benefit from:
- A bespoke approach to fire safety design
- Tailored building design methodology using innovative design tools
- Greater freedom for architectural creativity
- Assistance in developing alternatives to prescriptive codes
- Integrated building consultancy services, including building control, fire engineering and construction design and management
- Efficiency, administration and cost-savings enabled by a multi-discipline consultant
- A co-ordinated solution with one single point of contact
- A global network of experienced consultants
Get in touch
To find out more about our Construction Consultancy services call us on 0207 392 0130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
0207 392 0130
Send an e-mail