SEMA APPROVED RACKING INSPECTIONS
Pallet racking in warehousing, storage and other industrial and commercial environments fall under the category of work equipment under the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) and PUWER. As such, they must be maintained and inspected on a regular basis to reduce the risk of injury or failure.
Impartial support, with no association with any repair or maintenance organisations.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU COMPLETE RACKING INSPECTIONS?
HSG76 recommends nominating a member of your workforce as a Person Responsible for Racking Safety (PRRS). The PRRS should perform weekly racking inspections that include checking correct use of the racking, recording damage levels and implementing action on any points.
In addition, HSG75 states that your racking should be inspected by a professional qualified SEMA Approved Racking Inspector (SARI) at least once a year. This frequency will depend on previous inspections, any damage and non-conformities.
Bureau Veritas has the competency, experience and a nationwide network of in-house approved inspectors ready to undertake your racking inspections with confidence.
WHAT DOES A SEMA RACKING INSPECTION INCLUDE?
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS FOR SEMA INSPECTIONS?
- A SEMA Approved Racking Inspector
- Supported by a central planning team
- Impartial support, with no association with any repair or maintenance organisations
- Achieve and maintain compliance with PUWER and other H&S regulations, to help ensure the safety of your premises and installations
- Experienced team with a comprehensive understanding of the latest regulations
- One supplier to drive efficiency of inspections across racking and other work equipment
- Innovative approach to inspections with online tools to add value including Swift, giving 24/7 access to inspection reports