Bureau Veritas has the capability and resources to support companies in developing an effective social compliance programme; performing independent audits of compliance-related processes and controls; and reporting on results.
COMPLIANCE ADVISORY SERVICES
We have extensive experience of designing and implementing compliance programmes for organisations of varying sizes and operational perspectives. Plus, our proven methodology covers all elements of supply chain social compliance and is designed to inject confidence into design, development and implementation processes.
INDEPENDENT AUDITING OF WORKING ENVIRONMENTS
With over 1,300 laboratories and offices across more than 140 countries, Bureau Veritas is superbly positioned to provide independent social compliance audit services. These use local auditors who are familiar with complex issues related to social compliance, including local social conditions, cultures and languages of workers, standard industry practices, and the applicable laws and regulations.
A BROAD RANGE OF ASSESSMENTS
Bureau Veritas evaluates supplier compliance with a variety of social standards, including corporate codes of conduct and industry standards established by organisations such as the International Council of Toy Industries (ICTI), Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP), the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), and the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX). This gives you the option of including additional value-added assessments that can benefit both you and your suppliers.
Our social auditing expertise includes:
• SMETA an audit procedure which is a compilation of good practice in ethical audit technique
• In-depth compliance monitoring of manufacturing issues, labour standards and local customs
• Developing and implementing solutions for high-profile multinational companies
• Web-based solutions for real-time access to audit status, audit results, and supply chain trends
• Comprehensive code of conduct programmes
• A proven ability to deliver seamless global services with rapid response capabilities
• Provision of collaborative visits for multiple clients to share costs and remediation efforts
Contact us today to find out how we can help support the development of your process, or click here to book an audit.
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services UK
+44 (0)1925 854 360
Send an email